Passeport Avenir is a partnership between the Government, secondary schools, Elite Universities and New-Technology Companies.
It’s been established that promising young people from low-income and working-class surroundings, encounter many problems on their path towards excellence: during their studies initially then throughout their career. These problems stem from a lack of access to information and career guidance, little knowledge and exposure to the world of work, a cultural lack of self-belief, material and financial disincentives etc.
Faced with this situation, through an initiative of SFR, 13 companies in the "Information and Communications Technology” (ICT) sector – Accenture, Alcatel-Lucent, Atos, Cap Gemini, Devoteam, Ericsson , Gemalto, Nokia Siemens Networks, Orange, Qualcomm, Sagemcom, SFR, SNCF – have joined forces with the French Ministry of Education, with the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and with the Minstry for town policy to create the "Passeport Avenir" association.
Passeport Avenir (formerly “Cercle Passeport Télécoms”) was created in 2005 with a conviction: the companies have a part to play to change that situation. Bringing the professional world closer, giving confidence to the students, accompanying them are real means which are possible only with the companies’ intervention.
An original public/private partnership
Passeport Avenir brings together all those working towards success, each one remaining in their rightful field of expertise. Furthermore, Passeport Avenir brings together many different actors who will each provide their expertise in order to contribute to the students’ success.
* Twelve founding NTIC companies that are running a network of volunteer executives
Passeport Avenir brings together all those working towards success, each one remaining in their rightful field of expertise.
* Two associate companies, Crédit Mutuel and Formule 1, which provide practical answers to the financial obstacles encountered by students on their journey.
* The French Ministry of Education, the Ministry for Higher Education and Research, are running a network of referring teachers in the pre-university partner classes. The Secretary of State for Town Policy specifies the areas in which the association intervenes, these areas taking priority on the question of equal opportunities.
* The Partner Business and Engineering Elite Universities associate themselves with the social openness approach of Passeport Avenir.
The objectives of Passeport Avenir
* To fight against social, geographic and cultural determinism
* To work alongside young people from low-income environments (urban or rural) in their studies from the baccalaureate until they graduate from an elite university
* To help them find jobs by providing them with a better knowledge of the working world
A network across the whole of France
Passeport Avenir program has been developed on a national scale by virtue of the site locations of the partner companies, including in the French Overseas Departments and Territories.